Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Specially Made For a Mother on her birthday. Do you love carrot cake also?





And look what we found? YUP, a Carrot Cake Poem! Ain't this cool?


CARROT CAKE

by Carolyn Henderson

Dreaming of dessert that’s mighty fine?
Something rich, creamy, lusciously devine?
Not many desserts would I dare refuse,
but, carrot cake, aah, I will always choose.

My lips smack on that delectable treat,
my hips expand three inches in a week.
That’s why I watch my caloric intake,
to keep my body at a desirable weight.

But my carrot cake should I bake,
I may lie about the true intake.
All that frosting atop that cake--
temptation's too great to alleviate.

Confectioners sugar, cream cheese and butter,
add pecans; now that’s a booger!
Cake layers thinner, more icing to cover,
stacking them high one on another.

I shred my carrots really fine,
stirring and mixing to thoroughly combine;
pour in pan, await oven's chime;
closer now to lip-smacking time!


No comments:

Post a Comment